Sunday, July 11, 2010

Work update.

I have (arguably too) many coals in the fire.

In an effort to appeal to a broad audience, I've started a web-comic that makes inside jokes about professional wrestling. It even has a snappy title: "a Wrestling Comic." If this doesn't earn me a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, nothing will!

The (long novella / short novel) was on halt, because writing is hard, and re-writing is harder. But today I broke the block, and the second chapter is 3,600 words strong. Alas, they're only strong in numbers...

I have a scene about juggling clowns, and I've started breaking it down into a shot-list so's I can storyboard it.

Also, I'm applying to teach English at an LA community college. But if ever there was a time to have one bitchingly grammatical cover letter, it's now--and the current draft is only 'kvetchingly grammatical.'

Oh, and sometime this week, I'm going to pitch sketch shows to one of my favorite professors.

So things are afoot, dear blog, and I have not forsaken you. I just don't want to spend much time with you, is all. Nothing personal; it's me. You're great.

No comments:

Post a Comment