Thursday, February 17, 2011

That showed him!

I was at a restaurant, and I couldn't decide between ordering the fish, the chicken, or the hamburger. I was leaning towards the fish, but it was the most expensive of the three.

I asked the server for his preference, hoping he'd recommend the fish and thus, justify my extravagance. He didn't have a preference, and his response was rather curt...so I ordered the hamburger, because it was cheapest.

When the patty arrived, it was overdone and lukewarm. The cheese was even colder, retaining the thick corners of an individually wrapped slice. The lettuce, in my professional opinion, had liver spots.

I ate it nonetheless. Yes, every rubbery bite made me long for the fish...

...but the tip I left my server was only twenty percent of the cheapest entrée! That showed him!

Rest assured, I'll never patronize that McDonald's again.

4 comments:

  1. Work was so slow, I wrote this blog post. On the clock.

    Making this my first paid writing gig. Booya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I really like reading your blog. Just wanted you to know :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. High praise from two fine bloggers! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete