Monday, November 8, 2010

We celebrated my grandpa's birthday.

His birthdays have been way less fun since he got Alzheimer's and moved into a house full of people who are too old to heckle Muppets.

But I vowed to improve things this year. If anyone deserves a fun birthday, it's (what's left of) my grandpa! I mean, I (used to) love the guy!

So, yes, I put trick candles on his birthday cake. And yes, he spent an hour blowing them out. And yes, he only quit because he cracked a rib and blacked out.

In my defense, his condition has stabilized. And at fifty blows per minute, he made three thousand wishes...or more likely, 'one wish, three thousand times.'

"One wish, three thousand times!" The only way it won't come true is if he wished for his quality of life to improve!

Don't you worry about him. There's no way he's prescient enough to wish that--especially now that he's got a tube through his wishing muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment