Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ethics in advertising.

After I tweeted this...

My depression's measured by the size of the vehicle I'd like to put my head under. Last night was 'pogo stick.' Tonight is 'space shuttle.'

...@PogoBrian, who advertises the Vurtego Pogo Stick (the finest high-performance pogo stick every made), started following me.

Which either means that...

(1) he's encouraging me to commit suicide using his brand of pogo stick, or...

(2) he didn't read my tweet.

I can't decide which is more hurtful.

1 comment:

  1. Update: yesterday (the morning after I posted this on my blog), @PogoBrian stopped following me.

    Later that day, I (exacerbationally) tweeted, "After I tweet-joked about committing suicide with a pogo stick, @PogoBrian (of Vurtego Pogo Sticks) started following me. Potential sponsor?"

    ...and not only did @PogoBrian start following me again--@PogoStickFun, the main Twitter account of the Vurtego Pogo Stick Company, started following me, too!

    These guys are fucking serious about pogo.

    ReplyDelete